We are using a recipe from crafts.kaboose.com's Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag: Summer Crafts for Kids:
What you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon sugar or agave
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half or coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt (or regular salt)
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc) or jar
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bagor jar
- Ice cubes
How to make it:
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!