Earth Day began forty years ago today in 1970. It an opportunity for individuals to try to reduce consumption of our precious resources and to conserve where we can. It just takes some mindfulness and a willingness to slow down. Here are some easy things you can do to reduce your impact today.
- Turn off lights/computers/routers etc. (Also, it is better for your computer if it shuts down.)
- Eat less meat
- Plant something...anything with your kids
- Recycle paper, batteries, cell phones, glasses
- Buy produce in season. What is in season in APRIL? Morel Mushrooms, Potatoes, Spring Greens, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Wild Garlic, Outdoor Rhubarb, Watercress, Spring Onions, Spinach and Radishes
- Visit seafood WATCH or download the iPhone application to find out which seafood is best for you and the environment
- Visit FixingThePlanet.com for more tips on living simply