1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
2 bunches kale
4 cups water
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup raisins
salt to taste
1 package tinkyada organic gluten free pasta
1. Toast the pine nuts on a sheet tray in a 325º oven until they are golden brown--about 5 minutes.
2. Wash kale and fold leaves in half in order to rip the hard stalk off so that only the leaves remain. Throw away the stalks and coarsely chop the kale leaves in 1/2 inch strips.
3. Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add chopped kale. Cover and cook in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften kale. Stir a few times.
4. Drain kale (you can save the liquid to drink if you want or to make garlic soup.) Rinse and dry pot and heat olive oil in pan. Swirl the olive oil to coat pan. Saute chopped garlic for 15 seconds and then add raisins and cook for 30 seconds until they puff a little but before they burn.
5. Add cooked greens and season with salt.
6. Set aside until pasta is cooked al'dente.
7. Add cooked pasta and toss together over medium heat. You can season with salt and pepper.
Serve with olive oil and goat cheese on the side.