Red and yellow peppers with a black bean dip...Hmm...not so popular. I ate it!
My kids love flank steak. Last week, my son was crying when I asked if he could have a hot dog after I realized I had forgotten to buy steak. Below is a gluten free version of the Epicurious Flank Steak Recipe. I adjusted the cooking times too and added some details.
Flank Steak Recipe from Epicurious
- 1/3 cup gluten free organic Tamari soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3 cloves of garlic-smashed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 1 flank steak
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass baking pan.
- Marinate the flank steak (30 minutes to overnight depending on how much time you have.)
- Remove steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you are going to cook it.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Pour marinade from steak into sauce pan and boil to reduce until the sauce is half it's volume. Cook for at least 3 minutes.
- Dry off steak with a paper towel--it will cook better if it is dry.
- Place steak on a rack to cook so that the juices will drain into a pan. I used a wire baking rack over a baking tray.
- Broil steak for 7-8 minutes on the first side and 6 minutes on the second side for medium steak.
- Let sit out and rest for 10 minutes before you cut it. The steak will cook more as it rests and the juices are reabsorbed into the steak.
- Serve with reduced marinade and some freshly ground pepper.