A: from ourGFfamily...It took me a while to figure out how to get oven fried potatoes to not stick to the pan. I finally did some research and found out the best way to get potatoes to be soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside is to boil them in water until they are slightly soft before you bake them and preheat the baking sheet before you put the potatoes on the pan. Here are the directions....
Crispy Sliced Potatoes
- Slice potatoes into 1/4 inch to 1/3 inch slices with the skin on.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a pan and fill with cold water. Cover them with an inch of water above the level of the potatoes. Bring to a boil and boil for about 10 minutes until when you stick a fork in the potatoes they are a little soft but not mushy. (It takes about 15 minutes total from cold water to this point.)
- Drain in a colander to remove steam and dry a little--just until all steam is gone.
- Toss the potatoes with 2-4 Tablespoons of oil and salt. The salt actually roughens the edges up of the potatoes so the sliced edges get crispy.
- PREHEAT pan in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes to get it hot. Preheating the pan will help the potatoes to not stick.
- When the pan is hot, place the potatoes in a single layer on the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes per side. Flip when the bottom is golden brown.