- Kneed a golf ball size of fondant until it is soft and pliable.
- Press flat with your hand onto parchment paper.
- Roll as flat as you can. About 1/8 inch thick.
- Press down with letter cookie cutter.
- To remove fondant from cookie cutter we used chopsticks.
Friday, May 24, 2013
Fun Friday: Rolled Fondant Letters for Cupcakes
Colorful rolled fondant letters are a great way to differentiate your gluten free baked goods from everyone else's. There is no mistaking these C cupcakes. There might be other chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing at the bake sale--but how many have a green C on them? Green and gold are the school colors of my daughter's school and she was on the green team for field day so we chose a green C (the school initial) with yellow sprinkles to decorate our chocolate cupcakes. They sold out in 10 minutes I was told. Go green!
To make these fondant letters you need:
It's a little tricky to get the fondant out of the cutter. If you are doing the activity with kids they will need assistance for this part.
According to Wilton Industries Customer Care Center in 2007
"There is no gluten in the fondant and none in the plant."
But always check directly with manufacturers to make sure because things change.